Bengaluru-Mysore Economic Corridor Costing Rs 7,400 Cr To Be Completed By Feb 2021

New Delhi: The Rs 7,400 crore project of constructing “Economic Corridor” between Bengaluru and Mysore will be completed by February 2021, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said in a statement. 

Rs 2,270 crore has already been spent on the project which was awarded by the government in February 2018 and about 85 percent of the land acquisition is complete for the project. The rest of the 15 percent land acquisition will be completed by next month, that is, December 2019.

Around 18 percent of the 6-laning work of Bangalore-Nidagatta section has been completed. The appointed date for work of 6-laning of Nidagatta-Mysore section has not been declared, Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari said in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.

The project is being carried out under Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-I.

menu
menu