Heidelbergcement India Ltd’s net profit jumps 9% at Rs 66.3 cr for Q4FY20

New Delhi: Heidelbergcement India Ltd’s net profit jumped 8.9 percent at Rs 66.3 crore for the fourth quarter of the 2019-20 fiscal as compared to a net profit of Rs 60.9 crore in the same period of the previous fiscal.  The revenues of the company, however, fell 4.7 percent to Rs 509.3 crore for the fourth quarter of the 2019-20 fiscal as compared to Rs 534.7 crore in the same period of the previous fiscal.  

For the entire fiscal 2019-20, the net profit of the company jumped 21 percent at Rs 268.1 crore as compared to a net profit of 220.7 crore in the previous fiscal. The revenues for the entire fiscal 2019-20 increased marginally to Rs 2,157.6 crore as compared to Rs 2,109.4 crore in the previous fiscal, the company said in a statement.

Heidelbergcement India clocked sales volume of 1.09 million tonnes during the latest quarter, a decline of 10 percent as compared to same quarter of previous fiscal. The company registered EBITDA of Rs 1,168 per tonne, a jump of 13.2 percent as compared to same quarter of previous fiscal. 

Heidelbergcement India achieved capacity utilization of 87 percent. It clocked EBITDA margin of 24.5 percent of revenue, a jump of 155 basis points as compared to the previous fiscal On a per tonne basis, the cement maker optimized its fixed and variable costs through various measures. 

During the quarter ending 31 March 2020, Heidelbergcement India completed its de-bottlenecking of the cement grinding capacities in Imlai (Madhya Pradesh) and Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh). The company's total cement grinding capacity now stands at 6.26 million tonnes per annum.

The Board of Directors recommended a final dividend of  Rs 6 per equity share (60 percent) for the financial year 2019-20. This final dividend is in addition to the interim dividend of Rs 1.50 per equity share (15 percent) already declared and paid to the shareholders during fiscal 2019-20, thus, aggregating the total dividend for fiscal 2019-20 at Rs 7.50 per equity share (75 percent).

 

menu
menu